Labor Day weekend is a time to have fun, spend time outdoors, and relax. Who says you can’t burn a few calories at the same time? There are tons of outdoor activities you can do to have a great time, spend quality time with loved ones, and get in a quick workout. Did you know that CrossFit Invoke is the best fitness club in Raleigh NC? Call or drop in today to learn more.
- Hiking is a great way to get out into the fresh air, burn a few calories and tone your muscles. A moderately intense hour long hike can burn almost 400 calories. Why not try it this Labor Day weekend with friends and family?
- Stand-up paddle boarding might be considered a challenge for some, but it’s also a great way to work on your balance and work your core. If you like being out on the water, this workout will be fun, adventurous and great for warm weather.
- If you’re a runner, consider getting out on a trail and upping your cardiovascular activity this holiday weekend! A scenic run will be relaxing and will also tone muscles and build strength in your core.
- Sometimes, our bodies adapt to routes we take every day. It’s not as much of a challenge as you think. However, getting out on the trail and running is a great way to challenge your body.
- Did you know that riding a bike could burn up to 500 calories an hour? That’s right! That means it’s time to hop on a bike and take a nice, rigorous ride.
- If you’re spending the holiday weekend at the beach, why not take time to play a little beach volleyball? 45 minutes of this high intense game could burn almost 600 calories. This means you are reducing the risk of heart disease, influencing weight loss, and increasing your strength and speed.
- We all know swimming is a great way to get in a good workout. Although it’s no secret, many of us rarely think about using it to burn calories. Swimming not only challenges your body, it also tones muscle, burns large amounts of calories and boosts your metabolism.
We hope these tips help you find a great way to burn a few calories this Labor Day weekend. What’s your favorite way to get outside, spend time with loved ones and get in a good work out? Need more ideas? Stay tuned. You’ll find them in our next blog post!
Searching For A Fitness Club in Raleigh NC?
Are you looking for a great facility and coaches to help you with your health goals this fall? Call CrossFit Invoke today. We offer personalized fitness training in Raleigh NC for people of all ages. If you’re serious about getting healthy in the new year, know that we can help. We even offer free fitness classes so you can try us out before you make a commitment. At Invoke, you can even sign up for group sessions with your friends. This way you can all hold each other accountable while training at our fitness center in Raleigh.
Please call our Raleigh gym with any questions, or just drop by the box. Our fitness center in Raleigh NC is located just right outside of the downtown area.