2016 is finally here so why not start this new year off on the right foot and make some changes in your life that will improve your health and well-being?! Changing a few lifestyle habits will make a big impact on your health and you’ll be a happier person in no time at all!
In today’s post, we’re giving our readers some great advice on things you can change today to lead a more active and enjoyable life. If you’re searching for an affordable personal trainer in Raleigh NC that can help you hit your personal health goals, keep reading to see how CrossFit Invoke can help!
Advice for Increasing Health and Well-being
Healthy Lifestyle Changes
Getting healthy in 2016 starts with making a change in the way you live. Below you’ll find a few that we think you should make!
- Get Active And Exercise – Physically active people are happier and live longer. Make it a point to exercise 3 days a week, for 20-30 minutes each outing.
- Cut Back On Eating Out – Want to save money and maintain your weight at the same time? Stop eating out so much and opt for more cooking at home. You’ll be able to control your portion size and how much processed food you’re eating, plus you can take your leftovers to work the next day.
- Take Lunch to Work – Based on the same tip as above, this is another way to get a little healthier. Plus, bringing your food to work might free up some time to talk a walk during your break.
- Stop the Bad Habits – By bad habits we mean using tobacco and drinking too much alcohol. Both are terrible for your health and drinking excessively can actually make you gain weight!
Healthy Dietary Changes
If you didn’t know, the things you eat can greatly impact the way you feel. If you’re constantly putting junk in, you going always get junk in return. These means low energy, mood swings, and not hitting your health goals. Try to incorporate the tips we’ve outlined below.
- Raw Fruits and Vegetables – The cooking and canning process can destroy most of the nutrition in foods that can and should be eaten raw. Growing your own garden can help with this.
- Eat More Whole Foods – Meaning eat the skin and all. The skins of fruits and veggies are packed full of important vitamins and minerals.
- Drink More Water – Skip the coffee, sweet tea, soft drinks and beer, these drinks actually work to dehydrate your body. Instead, focus on drinking eight to ten 8-ounce glasses of water a day to keep well hydrated.
- More Fiber in Your Diet – A diet that has a lots of fiber will help you reduce the risks of digestive disorders, heart disease and even colon cancer. Try to take in 25-30 grams of it each day by including foods like whole-grain breads, cereals, beans, nuts and even some fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
If you want to make sure you’re fit by the end of 2016, or just simply want to lose weight, using the tips we’ve outlined above will definitely help you. Want to take your fitness a step further? Continue reading to see how CrossFit Invoke can help!
Need a Top Rated Personal Trainer in Raleigh NC for 2016? Call Invoke Today!
Want to make a change for the better in 2016? Why not work with a top rated, affordable personal trainer in Raleigh? If you want to get in the best shape of your life, and push yourself to new limits, make the call to CrossFit Invoke. We even offer free fitness classes to non-members and free community workouts once a month. Come out and see what we’re all about. After all, there’s no obligation to join. When you’re ready for a new challenge give us a call or just drop in!