We are back with one more Paleo recipe you can use to stay compliant this Valentine’s Day. We all love sweet treats now and then, especially when it doesn’t derail our progress in eating a healthy Paleo friendly diet. Here, you’ll find a recipe for Paleo sugar cookies! For the best Raleigh personal fitness trainers call CrossFit Invoke!
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 cups blanched almond flour – refrain from using almond meal for this recipe
- Combine the baking soda, salt, almond flour, and nutmeg into a large bowl. Then, add the orange zest, honey and coconut oil into a smaller bowl and mix together well. Once you’ve mixed both sets of ingredients in separate bowls, add the small bowl to the large bowl and mix well. Adding the wet ingredients to the dry bowl of ingredients will help mix them together more easily.
- As a dough forms, separate it into two balls. Place each ball of dough onto parchment paper and cover them with a different piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll each ball out until they are a fourth of an inch thick.
- Freeze the dough for at least 30 minutes before cutting them into shapes. Once they have been in the freezer for at least 30 minutes you can use heart shaped cookie cutters or other shapes to cut out the cookies.
- Place the cut out cookies on a baking sheet and bake them at 350 for 5 to 7 minutes. Give them time to cool before serving.
We hope you enjoy these delicious cookies for Valentine’s Day this year! Be sure to bake enough to share with those you love. They’ll never know they’re Paleo!
Raleigh Personal Fitness Trainers | CrossFit Invoke
Are you looking for a great Raleigh NC box and coaches to help you with your health goals? Consider CrossFit Invoke today. We offer Raleigh personal fitness trainers for people of all ages. Please call our box with any questions, or just drop in. We are in Raleigh, NC located right outside of the downtown area.