Thanks for joining us for our second part in this series. If you’re just now joining us, take a second to read over part one covering accessory exercises that help you become a better CrossFitter. We talked about the one arm dumbbell row, the seated dumbbell press, and hammer curls.
In part two we’re going to discuss even more auxiliary exercises that will help you get stronger faster and make gains quicker. Try to do 3 sets of 8-12 reps of each one. If you’re searching for the best Raleigh NC gym for CrossFit, make the call to Invoke today! We even offer free fitness classes in Raleigh for beginners.
More CrossFit Training Accessory Exercises
Bulgarian Dumbbell Split Squat
If you want to hit gains in CrossFit then you better have some strong and flexible quads and hip flexors. If you don’t, you’re going to be putting a lot of unwanted stress on your lower back.
This exercise can help, so here’s how you do a Bulgarian dumbbell split squat:
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Place one foot out in front with a slight bend in your knee. The rear foot is placed on the top of a bench behind you.
- Lower your knee almost completely to the floor while keeping your body straight and head facing forward.
- Slowly raise back up and straighten your front leg to the standing position. Repeat reps before alternating legs.
Basic power moves become a lot easier when you have strength in your glutes. Without strong glutes, your squat, clean and press numbers will suffer.
Here’s how you do a glute bridge:
- Start by lying on the floor with a flat back, arms out to the side, and knees bent.
- Tighten your core muscles and bring your heels in as close as you can to your buttocks.
- Using your hips, push your upwards as high as you can while flexing your glutes tightly. Do not arch your back, keep it straight.
- Hold for 3 seconds and then lower your body.
If you want to increase the difficulty of glute bridge reps, place a barbell over your hips or use only one leg at a time. To learn more about these exercises, be sure to drop in to CrossFit Invoke. We’re the best Raleigh NC gym for Triangle area athletes.
The Best Raleigh NC Gym for Triangle Athletes Is at CrossFit Invoke!
If you’re looking for the best Raleigh NC gym that can help you train hard, call Invoke right now. We have top-rated personal trainers in Raleigh that can customize your workouts so you’re hitting your goals quickly. Invoke will get you laser focused in on your training so you can smash your goals with confidence. We even offer free gym classes so you can try us out without having to commit to a membership.
When you’re looking for a Raleigh gym that’s committed to your family’s health, call Invoke. Click here to get started with our free classes.