Thanks for coming back to learn more CrossFit tips. We’re continuing our series on strength training versus cardio. Many exercise enthusiasts wonder which one is the better of the two for overall health. We actually covered this in part one of this series. Go back so you can get our answer.
In this segment, we’re going to cover the main benefits of cardio workouts and weight training for your overall health. What we’ve listed out below should help you understand our reasoning for our answers in part one. If you are searching for the best fitness programs Raleigh NC has to offer, then please call CrossFit Invoke. We even offer free beginner classes.
Weights or Cardio? CrossFit Tips
Cardiovascular Training Benefits
- Increased oxygen levels in the blood from taking deeper breaths more frequently.
- One hour of running can burn about 600 calories for women and about 750 in men.
- Your respiratory system will run more efficiently. Your heart, lungs, and blood vessels are working harder to transport oxygen.
Strength Training Benefits
- Weight training builds muscle mass. This means you’ll be able to lift more weight for longer periods of time.
- Increases bone density and will help you maintain the flexibility in your joints.
- Helps with weight management because the more muscle cells you have the more calories you’ll burn. Muscle also stimulates metabolism, resulting in a slimmer waist line.
Focused on losing weight in 2017? Then you’ll really like our next post. Check out part three to find out if cardio or strength training is better for weight maintenance. If you’re tired of searching for help with your fitness, start training at CrossFit Invoke. We’ve got the top personal trainers in Raleigh! Keep reading to see how you can sign up for a free class today.
Free Fitness Programs Raleigh NC at CrossFit Invoke
If you’re looking for the best fitness programs Raleigh NC has ever seen, call CrossFit Invoke today. We have the best fitness classes in the area that will get you laser focused in on your health goals so you can maximize your gains. We even offer free classes so you can try us out before you commit to a membership.
We have the best gym in Raleigh, and we’re a member of the CrossFit HQ Seminar Staff. Invoke’s founders have operated CrossFit seminars all over the south for over five years. All of our coaches and trainers hold a Level 1 Seminar Certificate, and many other additional specialty certifications in CrossFit as well as other diverse fitness backgrounds.
As you can see, we’re committed to you and your health. So call us today to get started with your free class.